Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Completely, Correctly and Compassionately!


Lately, I've been using a book called Handbook of Prayer to help me begin praying through scripture. The premise is to guide one through a biblical perspective on the fundamental issues of life..."Who am I?' "Where did I come from?" "Why am I here?" "Where am I going?"

During this intimate prayer time, I get a chance to review God's perspective on my faith, my identity, my purpose and my hope. This morning a passage that I have read time and time again stood out to me.

Matthew 22:37, 39 which says, "You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind. Verse 39 says, "And the second is like the first: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."


Our purpose in life is simply this...Love GOD Completely, Love SELF Correctly and love OTHERS Compassionately!

Lord help me to do this well today!

No comments:

Post a Comment