Thursday, February 10, 2011

From Cuddies to Cuties!!!



I remember it like it was yesterday. I was on my way home on the school bus and me and my friends were sitting in the back playing truth or dare. I chose dare that round and was challenged to kiss the girl that was sitting in the seat across from me. I was in middle school at the time and was more concerned about basketball then I was girls. In fact I was in the "Girls have cuddies" stage. Well, that is until I kissed this girl on the back of the bus. It lasted like a 1/2 a second but it felt like forever. My heart began to pitter-patter like never before and it was at that moment that I realized..."Maybe girls don't have cuddies!"

That's what I consider romance to be. That thing that makes your heart go pitter patter when you are around the opposite sex. Lets face it, we live in a romance crazy society where teenagers and adults feel like they have to have romance NOW and if they don't something must be wrong with them.

Why is it that teenagers feel this romantic tension? I think it is 2 fold.
#1. Because everywhere we look we see and hear romance. Every popular TV show, movie and song on the radio.
#2. Because God created us to be romantic beings. BUT, we have taken the concept of romance and pushed it to the extreme.

I was talking to a few of our middle schoolers recently about the issue of romance and dating, and after our conversation I became excited about the 4 week series that starts this Sunday that we are doing entitled, "The Teenage Dream." We hope to challenge students to look at romance and relationships through the eyes of the creator of romance and relationships. GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment